I'm having a very strange problem with PHP (Laravel with Forrest) and updating values.
I've got a pick list called
Approved_Rejected__c with the following values:
And am using the following call to update said picklist:
'Approved_Rejected__c' => 'Approved',
Weirdly that doesn't work and only provides a
Salesforce Response Error
However, when I try the following:
'Approved_Rejected__c' => 'Something Random',
It works and:
'Approved_Rejected__c' => '\'Approved\'', Works
Works, albeit with apostrophies around the word Approved.
It seems like the picklist is only accepting values that don't exist within the Picklist, but if I try a value that does exist there's a generic and unhelpful error.
I feel like I'm missing something simple but can't quite figure out where or why.
Edit I've tested the exact same thing against a different Picklist field and it worked, leading me to think it's something to do with the Picklist field itself.
It's not set to:
Strictly enforce picklist values
And Field Level Security is set to Visible, but not Read only so that all looks good.