For your case, Best option is to use the Process Builder
1) Create one Picklist value with "Approved", "Rejected" and "In Process". Put the "In Process" as Default value.
2) Now use "Field Update" in the Approval Process i.e. For Approval, the Field update must be "Approved" and For Rejection, the Field update must be "Rejected".
Note: "Re-evaluate Workflow Rules after Field Change" checkbox must be checked in both "field update" Actions
3) In Process Builder, Create an Object where you are Submitting for Approval.
4) Now In the "Add Criteria" node, put the condition as If the PickList Value is equal to "In Process" and Save the Criteria.
5) Now add the Immediate actions for "Submit for Approval" and Choose "Specific Approval Process in the Option and Give the Name of the Approval Process that you have Created. Save this Action.
6) Create another Action but this time choose,"Create a Record". You can Create any record here in this immediate Action of "Create a Record".
7) Check for the Validation Rules existed in the Object and Give the values for the fields according to those validation rules
8) Now, Save the Immediate actions and Activate the Process Builder.