I have a quite complex Visualforce component (edit grid) that is running to slow (2-4 seconds to display) When I say complex I mean:
- The Component itself is calling other components
- Many thousand lines of code
- Using StandardSetController to work and display arbitrary record numbers
- Reading and writing records and Custom Settings
- Lot of Schema querying
I am not a newbie so I incorporated all know best practices regarding performant Apex and VF code. As this still results in a poor performance I tried to do some profiling (log file analysis to find out what takes to long and why. But none of the tools I tried really allowed this:
- Terrible slow interface in FF and Chrome
- Timeline view and Performance Tree to coarse
External Logging with http://loggly.com/
- As this requires callouts and future methods can't be used in a Visualforce get/set and constructors. But those are critical.
Adding and analysing my own System.debug()
- As the regular log is already quite big, Salesforce.com seems to strip out all my custom DEBUG lines.
SOS! What other alternatives are there? What do you / did you do in such cases?!